Enroll in a School
More than 100 schools to choose from.
The District offers a wide variety of programs to nurture your child's interests and talents. In addition to neighborhood schools that offer art and/or music and a challenging curriculum, we offer specialty programs (Application & Montessori Schools), Examination High Schools, and Career and Technical Centers.
How do I enroll?
We are still enrolling students for the 2020/21 school year! Follow the three easy steps listed on the right to enroll in a Detroit Public Schools Community District school or visit your school of choice during school hours.
Please note that our Exam and Application schools and programs require students to be accepted through an application process before enrolling.
Learn more about Application Schools and Exam High Schools!
Families enrolling their student in our GSRP Pre-Kindergarten program should complete the Pre-K Application before submitting enrollment paperwork.Uncertain which school to enroll in? Please check out our School Locator or the Picking the Perfect School directory!
Where do I go for help?
We are here to help you find and enroll in the right fit school for your child.
- Follow the link below to request assistance with finding a school
- Call 313-240-4377 for any questions about the enrollment process
- Need language assistance? Call our translation line at 866-879-1195 for over the phone interpretation services.
- Questions about ESE Enrollment? Call the Placement Team (313) 748-6363.
Fill out enrollment forms
Easy options available!
- Visit your school of choice during school hours
- Complete and upload a digital enrollment packet
- Visit one of our drop box locations to pickup / drop off enrollment documents
Option 1: Visit your school of choice during normal school hours
Option 2: Complete a Digital Enrollment Packet
Forms can be printed, or completed on your device. If completing online, please download and save the forms to your device before filling them out.
A parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and sign all enrollment forms.
Forms are also available in Spanish, Arabic, and Bengali on this page.
Once all enrollment forms are completed and signed, you can upload them using the link below.
Upload Completed Enrollment Forms
Option 3: Enroll via Drop Box
Enrollment packets may be picked up and dropped off at drop boxes conveniently located throughout the city. Click here to find the location closest to you.
Enrollment Packet - all forms required
- Packet Includes: Enrollment Form, Emergency Contacts, Health Form, Heath Information Sharing, Student Media Release
As-needed Forms - please review the optional forms to see if they apply to your student
Additional Uploads - If you have the following documents, we request that you scan and upload them with your forms
Student's immunization record or a waiver
- Student's birth certificate or birth record
- Proof of address (2 forms)
- Parent/guardian ID
Student's most recent transcript or report card
Student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
Student's 504 Plan