- J R King
Check Out Five Things You Need to Know This Week!
DPSCD’s Teens for Vaccines Information Sessions-Events This Week: Led by DPSCD students, the schedule for this week is:
- Wednesday 5-19-21 Information session for ESE students at 5:30 p.m. Click here to join the meeting.
- Thursday 5-20-21 Information session for DPSCD student athletes at 6 p.m. Click here to join the meeting.
- Saturday 5-22-21 The community is invited to the Randolph Career and Technical Center 1701 Hubbell in Detroit for a first dose Pfizer vaccination for all who are eligible from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- To make an appointment, please call (313) 230-0505 M-F from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Walk ins are also welcome. For more information as well links to the information sessions, please visit org/covid19. Please note the following Vaccination Rules for Minors:
- Any individual age 12-17 must be accompanied by parent/guardian
- Parent/guardian must show ID
- Parent/guardian must sign written consent form
- No Good Neighborhood reimbursement for anyone bringing a person under age 18 to be vaccinated
Online Regular Board Meeting Tues. May 18 at 5:30 p.m. The Board of Education will hold its monthly regular board online this month. You can join by computer: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84691018515 or by telephone at 1-646-558-8656. The webinar ID is 846-9101-8515.
DPSCD’s Summer Learning Experiences-Parent Information Session May 19, 2021 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Parents and families are invited to complete the Summer Learning Interest Survey . This will allow families to be the first to know when the enrollment application becomes available. The link for the session as well as FAQs can be found at https://www.detroitk12.org/Page/15528. For more information on Summer Learning Experiences, please visit detroitk12.org/schoolprograms. You can also call 1-833-466-3978, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. M-F. We want to hear from you!
Annual Family Survey Released This Week! Parents, the District seeks to capture your family’s experience through our approach to teaching and learning, particularly given the affects of the pandemic. We value your feedback to refine and improve the services available to our families. All surveys are accessible by visiting https://surveys.panoramaed.com/detroit.
When prompted input your student’s ID number preceded by a lowercase “f.” For example, if your student's ID number is 1234567, your survey access code will be f1234567. If you still have any questions regarding the Semester 1 Family Surveys, please review the FAQ's.
May is National Mental Health Month- The District, in conjunction with University of Michigan Trails and the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), is holding and online session on “What To Do When You Don’t Know What To Do” on Tuesday, May 18 at 6 p.m. This session is aimed at developing and improving mental health skills. To attend, please click: http://bit.ly/3blRpDL
Save the Date and Other Reminders:
- Save the Date for the next Board of Education Listening Session on May 25 at 5:30 p.m. Your input matters! Hosted by Superintendent Dr. Nikolai Vitti and Board Member Coletta Vaughn, the Parent Listening Session is your opportunity to share experiences and ideas to better support our students as well as hear updates regarding school programs such as the Summer Learning Experience. Meeting details and additional information can be found at org/face #StudentsRise
- Pre-Register for the Next Online Teacher Hiring Fair by Thurs. May 20: We are looking for highly motivated educators for our next Teacher Hiring Fair on May 27. Starting teacher salary is $51k and experienced teachers may receive a credit to the salary maximum. More information at http://detroitk12.org/careers
- KinderRise Nights and Other Enrollment Highlights This Week: Be part of the class of 2034 by enrolling your child in kindergarten at a DPSCD school. Check out org/enroll for KinderRise nights as well as other online enrollment events. Please share and remember, we are saving a seat for your child!
Stay updated weekly, by visiting DPSCD's Family Newsletter sent every Monday at 6 p.m. by SMS text: https://bit.ly/3rUGZ3P
If you opted out of receiving texts but would like to receive them, please text START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.