Translations and Interpretations
Over the Phone Language Support
- Families please contact the school directly to request an interpreter and/or to have applicable documents translated.
- Language Line - 866-879-1195 Only for DPSCD staff, specifically, enrollment secretaries, teachers and administrators at the school level are authorized to access the code.
- If you do not have access or require further guidance, contact Tina Villarreal-Hernandez at 313-212-4312 or e-mail email@example.com
On-Site and Virtual Interpretation and Translation options include ASL via e-mail and Ticketing System (Cherwell). This includes interpreters and translated documents such as Special Education legal forms and interpreters for an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Meeting.
Guidance for DPSCD Staff Only
- First Access Cherwell How to request Interpretation & Translation Services including American Sign Language (ASL).
- If you require more guidance on accessing Cherwell contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tina Villarreal-Hernandez at 313-212-4312
- Oral Interpretations must be requested 5 to 7 days in advance.
- Document translations must be requested within 7 to 10 days for services to be rendered.
- Missed appointments with Onsite or Virtual Interpreter cost $150.00
- EMERGENCY INTERPRETATIONS AND TRANSLATION REQUEST (i.e. health, safety) text EMERGENCIA to Dr. Alex Cintron at 248-231-8717
To request an interpreter to be present at specific monthly Board Meetings, contact Vania Moore at (313) 873-7861 *Arabic and Spanish interpreters are present at Board Meetings held at Western International High School. * ASL interpreters are present at all Board Meetings.
Frontline training link: Language Access Asynchronous: https://www.mylearningplan.com/LearningPlan/ActivityProfile.asp?I=4187108