- J R King
Check Out Five Things You Need to Know This Week!
ICYMI State Track and Field Championship Highlights! Congratulations to Renaissance girls track team for their outstanding performance at the State Track meet. The 4x100m relay team (took first place, setting a new state record). In addition, the 4x200m relay team also finished first in their race. The District salutes all DPSCD track and field athletes who competed in the state championships! Well done!
Budget Hearing and Regular Board of Education Meeting Tues. June 8, 2021 Starting at 5 p.m. With the state loosening restrictions on in-person gatherings, the Budget Hearing and Regular Board of Education meeting will be held in person as well as available online and by phone.
- To attend the hearing and meeting in-person, visit Renaissance High School at 6565 E. Outer Drive in Detroit at 5 p.m.
- You can also Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile.
- To listen only, dial +1 313-462-2305,,93037370# United States, Detroit Phone Conference ID: 930 373 70#
- How to Make a “Virtual” Public Comment:
Virtual Public Comment will be facilitated through a Microsoft Teams Meeting. Log onto the meeting below to register for public comment (you must call or log on to this Teams Meeting prior to the Chair announcing the close of public comment registration to be able to participate in virtual public comment). This link is to participate in public comment only; the meeting will not be broadcasted in this space. If you decide to make public comment, until your turn to speak, please watch the live stream of the proceedings linked above. We recommend that you mute or close the live stream when it is your time to speak to avoid audio feedback.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in
Phone Conference ID: 930 373 70#
DPSCD’s Teens for Vaccines Next Vaccine Event is Sat. June 12, 2021: In conjunction with the Detroit Health Department (DHD), the next vaccine event is this Saturday, June 12, starting at 9 a.m., at Randolph Career and Technical Center, 17101 Hubbell in Detroit. Please detroitk12.org/covid19. #TeensForVaccines for more information.
Reserve Your Spot - DPSCD's FREE Summer Learning Experiences 2021! K12 students attend in person or online for learning, enrichment & recreational fun from Jul.12–Aug.5 at 44 schools M-F. More info http://detroitk12.org/schoolprograms or 1-833-466-3978, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm M-F. #DPSCDSummerRise
Celebrate our 2021 STEM Award Winners on Thurs. June 10, 2021 from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. DPSCD invites you to attend our virtual 2021 STEM Awards to recognize the achievements of our students & teachers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Programs will spotlight success in Academic Games, Chess, Debate, Destination Imagination, Math Bee, Robotics, Science Fair, Spelling Bee and 3 for 3. Join the fun online at http://bit.ly/STEMAWARDS #StudentsRise
Reminder and Save the Dates:
- Fall Return to School and COVID Relief Funds Engagement Session Mon. June 7, 2021 at 6 p.m. Along with providing a general update, Superintendent Dr. Nikolai Vitti will present plans for the new school year this fall as well as use of COVID relief funding. There will be time for your questions, comments, concerns and recommendations to strengthen the plans. To join the meeting online please visit https://bit.ly/3yq1HMx.
- Examination High School Student Town Hall and Tours Tues. June 15, 2021 10 a.m.-11 a.m. and Sat. June 19, 2021 12 p.m.-3 p.m. On June 15, 8th graders from DPSCD and nearby schools will be invited to participate in a virtual exam high school student town hall featuring current EHS students. On Sat. June 19, Families are invited to tour CMA, The School at Marygrove, Southeastern High School and MLK, Jr. Senior High School. EHS Juneteenth tours will also feature on-site application support, food, and transportation between school locations. Please visit http://detroitk12.org/examschools to apply, get important dates and resources. Hurry, the Examination High School deadline is Fri. June 25, 2021! We want to hear from you!
- Please Complete Our Annual Family Survey! Parents, the District seeks to capture your family’s experience through our approach to teaching and learning, particularly given the effects of the pandemic. We value your feedback to refine and improve the services available to our families. All surveys are accessible by visiting https://surveys.panoramaed.com/detroit. When prompted input your student’s ID number preceded by a lowercase “f.” For example, if your student's ID number is 1234567, your survey access code will be f1234567. If you still have any questions regarding the Semester 1 Family Surveys, please review the FAQ's.
Stay updated weekly, by visiting DPSCD's Family Newsletter sent every Monday at 6 p.m. by SMS text: https://bit.ly/3rUGZ3P If you opted out of receiving texts but would like to receive them, please text START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages